Thursday, June 11, 2015

Amphibious Landing Craft for Upcoming Volcano Base Assault!






Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Dystopian Wars Scenery - Doctor Evil Mad Scientist Island of Doom Secret Volcano Base

I know it has been some time since I updated; things have been busy, and I simply haven't made much time for the hobby, which includes photographing and updating.

One of my friends/Dystopian Wars group member finally got an airbrush and can now experience the fun of using it first-hand, and the project he decided to dip into was a secret island base, with volcano and all.

Here are some WIP shots:







And finally, the completed work:




Can't wait to see it in action; seems like it could be a cool campaign piece for an evil Prussian scientist or perhaps something involving Antarcticans!




Friday, September 19, 2014

Micro Art Studios -- Best Bases Money Can Buy (Kickstarter)

If you read this blog, you'll note that I use Micro Art Studio's bases; they're cheap and work incredibly well.  Check the Kickstarter if you can:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/coolminiornot-base-system-featuring-micro-art-stud

Monday, August 11, 2014

Dark Eldar Commission for Scott - Maasai Red Scheme

Sorry for the truancy of this post; while I have been painting (I even attended a masterclass a while back), I simply haven't been updating, as I have been busy with work.

My friend, Scott, has an impressive amount of armies, most of which are painted and some that aren't. He enlisted me to paint his Dark Eldar in the Maasai tribal red, and we went over the palette together, allowing him to pick the colors that he thought most accurately reflected the reds.

(Above) The line-up!

Additionally, I thought that I'd use the Vallejo Airbrush Thinner instead of my normal, home-brewed thinning medium, just to see how it worked.

(Above) The thinner.

Following that was the most tedious part: The priming. This took a while to make sure I got all the angles, and I wanted to make sure that it had at least 24 hours to dry, being that it's a polyurethane primer.

(Above) All primed and ready.

Next, it was time to get some of the basic reds down; to show an example, you can see that the fighter has some highlights, but those were only created layering red on top of the black.

The following part entailed simply added another highlight of red, and then skin tone to the edges, and applying thing glazes of the brightest, richest red to really make things pronounced (below):
















Below is the final product!




Thanks for your patience, and for reading.











Sunday, July 6, 2014

15,000 Pageviews! Thank you!

Not much compared to a lot of the channels/blogs out there, but thanks to all those that subscribe!


Thursday, June 26, 2014

Weathering Boring Terrain

From a 40k starter set, I thought I'd use AK interactive's different rust colors, then a matte seal or two, then the AK interactive Heavy Chipping Solution to give these pieces some individuality.





Friday, April 25, 2014